Shanghai Steel Tube Industry Association (SSTA) was founded in April 2000, with Baosteel as its first chairman. The association currently have 300 members. Members of the association produce a wide range of products, including seamless tubes (hot-rolled tubes, cold-rolled pipes), welded pipes (straight seam welded pipes, spiral welded pipes), two metal composite pipes, cold-formed hollow sections, finned tubes and pipe fittings. The materials used in these products include both carbon and stainless steel. Additionally, member companies include manufacturers of production equipment, logistics service providers, industry information and service providers, and steel products trading companies involved in the pipe industry in east China.
The Expert Committee of the Shanghai Steel Tube Industry Association consists of 80 experts specializing in piping products. Many of these experts have been working in this field for nearly 50 years, providing valuable insights and suggestions to mills in terms of production and operations.
Our mission is to:
(1) Strengthen industry services, self-discipline, representation, and coordination within the industry.
(2) Organize industry training, provide technical consultation, facilitate information exchange, and organize exhibitions and product promotions.
(3) Participate in government decision-making debates related to industry development and reform, providing suggestions on economic and industrial policies, as well as legislation.
(4) Represent industry companies in activities related to anti-dumping, antitrust, countervailing, and other investigations or responses. We also apply to relevant government departments for investigations on behalf of our member companies.
(5) Establish industry quality standards, technical procedures, and service standards.
(6) Conduct industry statistics, surveys, issue industrial information, credit certificates, coordinate prices, and manage industry access qualifications and audits.
(7) Promote economic and technical exchanges and cooperation both domestically and internationally.
Vision : Making World Pipeline More Safer and Reliable.